To advertise Genetic Counseling positions on our website, please send all Job Announcements to UUGPGC@utah.edu. Thank you.
Genetic Counseling Assistant
Under the supervision of the departmental lead genetic counselor, the Genetic Counseling Assistant provides specialized support to the genetic counselors of the Cancer Genetics Programs at HCA Mountain Division Hospitals. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Aid in referral triage and patient scheduling.
- Perform clerical duties (faxing, filing, mailing, copying etc.) and assist with educational and administrative projects.
- Patient case preparation. Assist clinical staff with collection of family histories, patient medical histories, and relevant medical records and laboratory reports prior to the patient’s clinic appointment.
- Prepare documentation for genetic counseling and genetic evaluation.
- Construct and/or update pedigrees prior to clinic appointments.
- Assist genetic counselors with processing documentation for recommended genetic testing and obtaining preauthorization for testing and other medical services.
- Prepare letters of medical necessity with guidance from genetic counselors.
- Track genetic test results and contact laboratories to determine status of all genetic tests that are ordered when turnaround times are exceeded.
Location: In person work at a Utah HCA Mountain Division Hospital